How to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites With Natural Home Remedies
A – General Information
- What is bed bug bites? Bed bug bites – as the name suggested, is the condition get bitten by bugs. This is common and can happen to anyone. Your house can be the place to accumulate bugs anytime hence you can get bitten anywhere, especially during the bug season periods. They are everywhere: in you bed, carpet, pets, closet luggage and even clothes, which is really annoying.
- Bed bug bites symptoms: Bed bug bites is no different to bites from other insects and the place you can easily notice when get bitten by bugs are hands or neck, sometimes, it is even in your face. Once you get bitten, you will find the red spots with rashes or bumps in your face, sometimes they will come along with itchy and even red. Over the time if not get treated or in some worse cases, person get bitten might develop allergic or infection along with burning sensation. The last phase of this process is the burning sensation or even swelling if you can ever notice.
B – Home remedies for bed bug bites
- Lemon Juice
This super wonderful natural astringent is so great for many health purpose and getting rid of bed bug bites is not the exception. It is not only handful in keeping bugs away bit also wonderful in reduce rashes and swelling. The reason is that it is rich in anti inflammatories and anti-redness properties with high amount of vitamin C. The tip of using this is quite simple as well. You will need to directly apply the juice over the affected areas.
- Squeeze one or two lemons to get the juice
- Using a toothbrush then directly dab on the areas where there are bed bugs.
- Leave it for 10 minutes then wash that surface.
- Bed will stay away from the region has applied lemon juice as they can not bear the smell of this citrus fruit.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
This home remedy has been tested and swore by so many people who share the problems of bed bugs. This is such a natural solution that help fixing a lot of problems ranging from skin to bed bugs. It is rich in acid and anti-inflammatory and anti-bacteria that keep bed bugs away effectively.
- You will need raw apple cider vinegar to directly apply on the bed bugs bites.
- You can use a cotton pad dipped in affected areas to apply.
- Wait for it around 10 minutes for the vinegar to completely absorb into the mixture.
- Rinse off with water after that.
- You can repeat few more times in case the symptoms are not alleviated.
Apple cider areas can also be used to applied over the bites. You need to take note when applied to your skin, however. Remember to dilute before apply to skin as it might burn skin out due to high amount of acid and leaving rashes, which even makes the situation worse.
Toothpaste is very handy when you have burn and in this case, bad bugs can also be fixed if you make use of toothpaste. It would help to reduce burning sensation and relieve pain thanks to high amount of cooling menthol in ingredients. The plus side is it super simple to apply, you do not need to dilute or using any helping tool to apply. Here is how:
- Directly take out one finger toothpaste then directly apply to skin areas get bitten while massaging all over.
- Leave it there for 10 minutes to absorb completely the menthol to affected skin areas.
- Wash off with warm water as toothpaste are might be dry, warm water would make it easier to clear.
- Pad it dry and apply moisturiser after that.